Children at Mass
A Message to Celebrate Children at Mass
To the Parents of Young Children:
- Relax! God put wiggle in little ones; do not feel you have to suppress it.
- Maybe try sitting towards the front where it is easier for little ones to see what is going on.
- Quietly explain what is going on during the Mass.
- Sing the hymns, pray the responses and listen. Children learn how to behave in Mass by copying you.
- If you need to leave Church or sit for a while in the Jubilee Memorial (where there is sound from the Mass), please know you are welcome back anytime
- Please note there is now a bookshelf with kids’ books in the back of church, please feel free to have your little one take a book to read during mass and replace it when done.
To the Members of Our Parish:
- The way we welcome children directly affects the way they understand God, the Church and Jesus’ love for them.
- The sounds children make in Church are a hopeful, glorious melody. We are pro-life and all life (and their sounds) is welcome!
- Please smile warmly or offer a word of encouragement to parents and grandparents who have made the effort to bring their young, active children to Mass.