St. Elizabeth Seton
We are a spirit-filled Catholic Community of faith-centered people dedicated to the growth of God's Kingdom and the living of the Gospel. We proclaim the Good News of Salvation to all by living a life of faith and loving concern for all our sisters and brothers.
Children at Mass
A Message to Celebrate Children at Mass
To the Parents of Young Children:
- Relax! God put wiggle in little ones; do not feel you have to suppress it.
- Maybe try sitting towards the front where it is easier for little ones to see what is going on.
- Quietly explain what is going on during the Mass.
- Sing the hymns, pray the responses and listen. Children learn how to behave in Mass by copying you.
- If you need to leave Church or sit for a while in the Jubilee Memorial (where there is sound from the Mass), please know you are welcome back anytime
- Please note there is now a bookshelf with kids’ books in the back of church, please feel free to have your little one take a book to read during mass and replace it when done.
To the Members of Our Parish:
- The way we welcome children directly affects the way they understand God, the Church and Jesus’ love for them.
- The sounds children make in Church are a hopeful, glorious melody. We are pro-life and all life (and their sounds) is welcome!
- Please smile warmly or offer a word of encouragement to parents and grandparents who have made the effort to bring their young, active children to Mass.
In addition to the weekly offerings, collections are taken for special causes, our parish emergency fund and Holy Days. Most are a second collection on Sunday. A few are for Holy Days which occur during the week. Remember, you can schedule your offerings to be electronically transferred! See Online Giving...
If you are not already a parishioner here at St. Elizabeth Seton, we invite you to join our parish family. Anyone wishing to join the parish should complete a Parish census form which can be downloaded here... or picked up from the table in the back of the church. Then call the office to make an appointment to be personally welcomed by our Pastor, Father Joseph A. Prince. One must be an active, registered parishioner to receive an eligibility certificate to act as a sponsor for Baptism or Confirmation. Please notify the office if you move and/or change your telephone number. If you are using the downloaded form - be sure to save it and print it out.