St. Elizabeth Seton
We are a spirit-filled Catholic Community of faith-centered people dedicated to the growth of God's Kingdom and the living of the Gospel. We proclaim the Good News of Salvation to all by living a life of faith and loving concern for all our sisters and brothers.
Parish Advisory Council
St Elizabeth Seton Parish Advisory Council
Elections for the Parish Advisory Council will be held at all Masses on February 22nd and 23rd. Three positions need to be filled. The Parish Council serves as an advisory body to the Pastor. PAC members include our Pastor, Trustees, Priests, Deacons, Religious Education Coordinators, and 10 voting parishioner representatives. The Council meets on the second Tuesday each month, with the exception of July and August, and deals with parishioners’ concerns, parish business, approves the Annual Parish Budget, and advises the Pastor on those matters. PAC members serve a two year term.
St Elizabeth Seton Annual Fish Fry hosted by the Men’s Club & Youth Group
Come join us at the 13th annual St Elizabeth Seton fish fry hosted by the Men’s Club & Youth Group on February 28 in McKeon Hall @ 6:30PM. The evening will start at 6PM with Stations of the Cross in the church followed by the Fish Fry in McKeon Hall.
Sign up will also be available after all masses the weekends of Feb 9 - 23.
Celebrate “MARDI GRAS” at YOUTH GROUP COFFEE HOUR Sunday February 23rd. Following 9:30 Mass Join us for fellowship Mardi Gras Treats, Hot Cocoa, Kings Cake and more. In addition, download the schedule of Youth Group Events...
The Diocese of Bridgeport has provided resources for the Catholic Funeral Mass. In depth information can be found on the Funeral Norms website.
Children at Mass
A Message to Celebrate Children at Mass
To the Parents of Young Children:
- Relax! God put wiggle in little ones; do not feel you have to suppress it.
- Maybe try sitting towards the front where it is easier for little ones to see what is going on.
- Quietly explain what is going on during the Mass.
- Sing the hymns, pray the responses and listen. Children learn how to behave in Mass by copying you.
- If you need to leave Church or sit for a while in the Jubilee Memorial (where there is sound from the Mass), please know you are welcome back anytime
- Please note there is now a bookshelf with kids’ books in the back of church, please feel free to have your little one take a book to read during mass and replace it when done.
To the Members of Our Parish:
- The way we welcome children directly affects the way they understand God, the Church and Jesus’ love for them.
- The sounds children make in Church are a hopeful, glorious melody. We are pro-life and all life (and their sounds) is welcome!
- Please smile warmly or offer a word of encouragement to parents and grandparents who have made the effort to bring their young, active children to Mass.
Annual Catholic Appeal
The 2020 Annual Catholic Appeal is beginning. The Annual Catholic Appeal funds a broad range of essential ministries, programs and agencies that deliver pastoral care and human services where they are most needed. Every gift is an opportunity for us to come together as a family of faith to support diocesan-sponsored programs that no single parish can provide on its own.
Click to open or download the 2020 Brochure
Video's from the Diocese website:
In addition to the weekly offerings, collections are taken for special causes, our parish emergency fund and Holy Days. Most are a second collection on Sunday. A few are for Holy Days which occur during the week. Remember, you can schedule your offerings to be electronically transferred! See Online Giving...
If you are not already a parishioner here at St. Elizabeth Seton, we invite you to join our parish family. Anyone wishing to join the parish should complete a Parish census form which can be downloaded here... or picked up from the table in the back of the church. Then call the office to make an appointment to be personally welcomed by our Pastor, Father Joseph A. Prince. One must be an active, registered parishioner to receive an eligibility certificate to act as a sponsor for Baptism or Confirmation. Please notify the office if you move and/or change your telephone number. If you are using the downloaded form - be sure to save it and print it out.